A Blog to keep track of how I am feeling day to day, and what I am up to.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

First Day with a Blog

Well today has not been the most productive or positive day- again!

I did not manage to get out an do the Christmas shopping that I need to do again - for the 3rd day running. I am finding it really hard to get up on a morning at the moment - despite going to bed a reasonable hour generally. Not like me - although some people would disagree!

I cocked up today with my interview with the Housing Benefit people - I completely forgot they were coming today, so I was not organised! Amazing how your brain kicks in as soon as the doorbell rings - I knew exactly who it was going to be! It added stress to an already unappealing exercise, but I guess it went OK in the end - although I won't know really until they reassess my situation.

Big chunks of the rest of the day have been pretty typical - watching TV and fiddling about on the computer achieving nothing - it does not bother me when I am doing it, but it pisses me off when I look back.

While I go to bed feeling less than positive about the day, I guess I have had some positive times during the day. I finished my book - The Wild Shore by Kim Stanley Robinson - it has been a bit of a drag all told, but I am strangely keen to read the next in the Orange County Trilogy.
I spent quite a time contributing to the DVDP rules today also, although I dunno if we are really adding value right now. Seems like we are trying to force our views on the community - I believe more and more that the voting should take a bigger part so that all he community have a say.
I have also done a pretty extensive update to my homepage this evening - adding this Blog and Amazon Mechanical Turk (AMT) stuff, along with writers & comedian homepages.

Speaking of AMT, the A9 HITs are still notable by their absense - I guess I will have to bite the bullet and start doing some music artist ones if I want to keep buying DVDs again. :o(

I hope tomorrow can be more positive - I really need to get that Xmas shopping done, and my Xmas cards started if not completed... I am going food shopping in the morning, so it will force me to get up early so fingers crossed I can keep the momentum going for the day!

Right, time to start Executive Orders by Tom Clancy, and get some sleep if I am going to get up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home